Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cursed or blessed? Everything inside.

When I think of the love of my children, I want to tear up. Last night L crawled behind me in bed and rubbed my back. B reaches out to find me in the middle of the night. They are so loving and trust me completely. B fell in the pool twice when we first moved into this house. He was saved as an adult was close by but it scared him. He is working on the steps right now and I had the privledge to take him into the pool. Here are some great photos:



As you can see, he fared the water all smiles. Or is that because he finally got his hands on the scuba mask?

Now for Scones

Recipe:

2 C unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 TBS sugar (I add 2)
1/2 tsp salt (I omit this)
4 TBS Butter
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 cup cream (I use whole milk)

Handful of blueberries or cranraisins or raisins. All three have come out beautifully.

Preheat ove n to 425 degrees. Lightly butter cookie sheet. Mix all dry ingredients and cut in butter with fingers until mis resembles coarse meal. Add egg and milk and blend. turn onto floured board and knead a few minutes. Pat and roll dough ( I hand shape a rectangle and cut into triangles) Place on cookie sheet and cook 15 minutes. Yum.



They can be made healthier, I am sure but so far, I have not gone beyond using wheat flour. Whole wheat is too dense and half wheat, half white is just kind of okay.




Now more about me......reaching middle age has changed my thinking as well as all the other events of the past year. According to a book I read (source unsupported) humans really start analyzing their lives after 40 and the age of 44 is reported to be the hardest year geriatric study.

I preceive the change in my thinking processes. Is it age? Or could it be years of psychotropic drugs? Because there is no control in this experiment (ME) we will never know the answer.

However, this is what I have thought reasonable to share. (not to mention it gives practice for proper computer speak)







http://www.midlife-men.com/

interesting that they are based on men

No comments:

Post a Comment