Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

totally blank...nope, wait

This life is a test and only a test. It is Sunday morning and I am forgoing church. Probably my first mistake of the day. There is plenty here to keep me busy. Yesterday we had a yard sale--or I should say everyone else had a yard sale and I cleaned the house. It is Father's day. D is working I did buy him an SD card for his phone but it has not arrived yet. I need to get the girls up to run the yard sale after I have fortified myself with at least two more cups of coffee

The hour is now 6:51 and my quandries are many. There are a few situations that I need to just let play out without my trying to control them. Today I reliquish my crown and get into the deep dark recesses of portfolio creation.

Ella started blogging last night. It is under my account and I think it adorable! It will be one of her summer school projects. They evaluate the last week in July/first week in August.

I tried to research detoxes but the best detox uses grade B Maple syrup, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Dandelion root tea or capsule along with lots of fatty acids to attach the THC to so it can be flushed. This is my fail safe. There are other herbals also.


For liver support, I use dandelion and milk thistle:

A study done using dandelion water showed an increase in liver detoxification processes.


http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11814465

Traditionally, dandelion roots and leaves were used to treat liver problems. Native Americans also boiled dandelion in water and took it to treat kidney disease, swelling, skin problems, heartburn, and upset stomach. In traditional Chinese medicine, dandelion has been used to treat stomach problems, appendicitis, and breast problems, such as inflammation or lack of milk flow. In Europe, it was used in remedies for fever, boils, eye problems, diabetes, and diarrhea.

Source: Dandelion http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/dandelion-000236.htm#ixzz2WORDDGE9
University of Maryland Medical Center


According to LIVESTRONG, Lance Armstrong's cancer site

Of all the liver-supporting herbs, milk thistle reigns supreme. Protection of the liver during chemotherapy treatments for cancer is one powerful benefit of this purple-flowered herb. A 2010 clinical trial by the division of Pediatric Oncology at The Columbia University Medical Center in New York found milk thistle provided significant reductions in liver toxicity in children undergoing chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/148148-herbs-for-liver-support/#ixzz2WOJxQ03i

The study supported that "silymarin as the key ingredient of the milk thistle plant, which protects the liver from certain toxic chemicals."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/148148-herbs-for-liver-support/#ixzz2WOKNlddz


Milk Thistle (Silybum eburneum)



Now for some old photos of my dad seeing that it is Father's day and he is missing a daughter. All my love is with you daddy:



Basketball, soccer, and a trip to Vietnam....

No comments:

Post a Comment