Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The rest of the day

 
back.  Umm I am badgering E to read Noah.  I am dealing with trying to get a welfare check to help ward off all the damage of a house falling apart.  People are  attemptimg to work off thir considerable debt.  I continue to list and I am making carot and ginfer sop to go with quiche.  Dinner tonight is spaghetti or to the church but I have had two of those beers J and J introduced me to.  Oh my stomach ache.....

I called acess and they are sending an email that I don't need to attemd the class I was already late mor.  Umm shortsighted on my part to call at tweld when the apt was at one in Kissimmee.   Praying for an unsanction and a check asap to pay the courts and keep my girls working.  I am looking at a crock pot of black beens and bunch of carots.  I need the seasoning fairy to visti in the for of E.  She needs to start writing as well as E so they can pass Flipping unchsooling.

Ginger Carrot Soup

Recipe courtesy Maxine Bonneau
Prep Time:
30 min
Inactive Prep Time:
20 min
Cook Time:
45 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
8 servings

Ingredients



Directions

In a 6-quart pan, over medium high heat, add butter and onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp. Add broth, carrots, and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Don't fill the blender more than half way, do it in batches if you have to. Cover the blender and then hold a kitchen towel over the top of the blender*. Be careful when blending hot liquids as the mixture can spurt out of the blender. Pulse the blender to start it and then puree until smooth. Return to the pan and add cream, stir over high heat until hot. For a smoother flavor bring soup to a boil, add salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with dollop sour cream and parsley sprigs.
*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.

* Guest Recipe

A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.

This is what the kids do with the camera getting unchsool credit


No comments:

Post a Comment